Red and White Layer Cake
Hi Prochiz Lovers, this recipe is about Indonesian food that has gone international, layer cakes. With the basic ingredients of rice flour, the layer cake turned out to be designated as one of the most delicious cakes in the world, even this type of cake has a derivative that is also famous everywhere, lapis legit. In 2021, to be precise in August, lapis legit, which is actually derived from the layer cake, occupies the 14th position of the most delicious cake according to CNN International. 1 What a boast of Prochiz Lovers!
In addition to lapis legit, the derivatives of layer cakes themselves are very diverse, such as chocolate layer cakes, pandan layer cakes, brown sugar layer cakes and flag layer cakes. The variety of layers is the main attraction of this type of confectionery so many also call it rainbow cake. Because it is still in August celebrating Indonesia’s independence, this layer cake recipe is red and white with Prochiz Spready as the cake ingredient. The taste is guaranteed to be even more special.
This recipe uses Prochiz Lovers’ favorite multifunctional viral spread cheese, Prochiz Spready. This cheese has a soft texture with a milky and creamy taste, which can be directly smeared onto all foods. Cooking becomes simpler, more practical and the results of cooking are more special. Good luck, Prochiz Lovers! Also share your #Bikinyangsimpeljadispesial and #ProchizMakinPraktis moments on social media with @keju_prochiz account tags.
- 100 ml of Water
- 350 gr Prochiz Spready
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 pieces of pandan leaves
- 300 gr Sugar
- 300 gr Rice flour
- 150 gr Tapioca flour
- 10 gr Chili red dye
- 2 gr Dark red dye
- Boil water, Prochiz Spready, salt, pandan leaves, and sugar while stirring until well mixed, cool
- Put the cooled liquid into a container containing rice flour and tapioca flour, stirring the dough until well mixed.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts, put a red dye on one part, stirring until well mixed.
- From each dough, divide it back into 3 parts.
- Prepare a steamer that is already hot, grease a stainless baking sheet 20x20cm with thin cooking oil.
- Pour one part of the white dough into a baking dish, then steam for about 10 minutes, remove it from inside the steamer, then pour it with a portion of the red dough.
- Do it repeatedly until the dough runs out and the steamed layer cake is cooked.