Macaroni Schotel Recipe
A Delicious Dish Your Family Loved.
Who is a lover of macaroni schotel? Could Prochiz Lovers be one of them? Many say that macaroni schotel this was originally introduced by the Dutch. The term schotel is taken from the Dutch language which means dish.
The reason is, this dish is considered as simple and nutritious food. Made with high quality ingredients. Meat, milk and cheese are high in protein, vitamins, and calcium. So, this dish is not only delicious, but it is also full of benefits.
Macaroni Schotel, The Elite Food for the Nobles
Who would have thought that in ancient times, macaroni schotel was only consumed by the nobles. Precisely, the Dutch colonialists. For the Dutch that are not used to eating Indonesian food, this dish is considered the most practical. Making it is quite fast, so it is easy to serve.
Although it has been known for a long time, but this dish was not served amongst ordinary people. Because, in those days, the ingredients needed to made it was very expensive. Therefore, this dish became an elite dish of its time.
However, over time, macaroni schotel became a dish for everyone. People no longer have trouble finding the ingredients. Because all of the ingredients are widely available at affordable prices. And they cand be easily found anywhere.
The process making this dish is also not complicated. Prochiz Lovers only need to bake it once. Thus, macaroni schotel is now a dish loved by all family members. Including Indonesian families as a part of their colonial cultural heritage.
Macaroni can also be used as a substitute for rice. In Italy, Macaroni is a pasta dish very high in carbohydrates. So, it is no wonder that Prochiz Lovers are curious about this recipe.
Macaroni Schotel Recipe Ala Prochiz
For Prochiz Lovers who want to make macaroni schotel, Prochiz has prepared the secret recipe. With this secret recipe, we guarantee dishes that Prochiz Lovers for the family to love. Because, we are using best quality ingredients and also the best cheese.
It is none other than Prochiz Spready cheese. Practical cheese that are suitable to use in all kinds of food. With just one spread, every food will taste so delicious.
There’s one more product, Prochiz Cheddar Royale cheese. The texture is soft and milky which makes Macaroni Schotel even more creamy. The texture of Prochiz Cheddar Royale is dense, so it is easy-to-grate and also does not easily burn while baking.
Can you imagine how savory this cheese will taste? It is made from New Zealand milk. Processed with love and taste just right for all Indonesians liking, making Prochiz Cheddar Royale cheese even lovable. It is also suitable to be used as a topping for macaroni schotel that Prochiz Lovers will serve.
Let’s follow the Prochiz-style Macaroni Schotel recipe below and follow along Prochiz’s recipes through IG @keju_prochiz or TikTok account @keju_prochiz. Also take part in prize winning activities, especially for Prochiz Lovers here. See you soon!
- 300 gr Ground chicken
- 500 ml Milk
- 1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Ground Parsley
- 2 tsp Chicken Stock
- ¼ tbsp Salt
- 300 gr Macaroni
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Onion
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 200 gr Prochiz Spready
- 320 gr Prochiz Cheddar Royale
- Thinly slice the onion and garlic.
- Prepare a pan that has been coated with butter and then sauté the onion
- and garlic until wilted and fragrant.
- Then add the ground chicken, cook until the chicken is cooked.
- Then add ground pepper, ground nutmeg, ground parsley, chicken stock and
- salt. Set aside.
- Prepare water, add salted and a little oil, when it comes to a boil then cook the macaroni until al dente or macaroni is still textured. Remove and set aside.
- In a pan, cook the butter until melted and then add the flour. Mix well.
- Slowly pour the milk and Prochiz Spready, mix well until the cheese is melted and the mixture has come to a boil.
- Then add the macaroni and chicken that was cooked earlier. Stir until well mixed.
- Arrange the mixture into an aluminum container, sprinkle some grated Prochiz Cheddar Royale on top.
- Bake at 200°C for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.