Every October 31st, some countries celebrate what we call Halloween. During this celebration, people usually wear scary costumes. Are any Prochiz Lovers curious how Halloween started? Check out the complete information below!
Halloween originated from the Ancient Celtic, called the festival of Samhain. The Celts celebrated their new year on November 1. They believe that on the night before the new year, the gate between the world of the living and the dead becomes unclear. Eventually, they celebrated Samhain, on October 31st, which is believed that is when the spirits of the dead returned to earth.
To commemorate the event, Celtic priests made a large bonfire, with many people gathered around it to burn plants and animals as offerings to their god. Usually, they wear costumes made of animal skin to ward off evil spirits.
The Origin of the Word Halloween
Halloween is a celebration that is very closely related to the Day for all Saints. In the 8th century, Pope Gregory III designated November 1st as the Day of All Saints. Thus, the evening before that date, it is known as the Night of All Saints Day, known as “All Hallows Eve”, because the celebration of the night of All Hallows is similar to the festival of Samhain, that is, with a big fire, and wearing costumes. But now “All Hallows Eve” is known as Halloween.
In Indonesia, Halloween is not an official festival that is celebrated. Some even believe that Halloween is not a thing to celebrate. This time, Prochiz will share a cake recipe to enlighten this year’s Halloween hype! But this cake decoration certainly can be used not only on Halloween events, it can also be used for various events because the decorations are so cute and unique. Let’s look at the recipe.
- 6 Eggs
- 180 gr Granulated Sugar
- 26 gr SP (Baking Mix)
- 140 gr All-Purpose Flour
- 50 gr Milk Powder
- 15 g Cornstarch
- 120 gr Butter
- 200 gr Prochiz Spready
- 75 gr of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 300 gr Whipped Cream (non dairy)
- Long grated cheese using Prochiz Cheddar @2kg
- 200 gr white fondant
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Black Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- Prepare 3 pieces of 22 cm round baking pans.
- Beat eggs, sugar and SP with a mixer until fluffy and stiff, then lower the speed.
- Add in the dry ingredients into the mixer slowly.
- Add the melted butter, mix thoroughly, then divide the mixture into three pans.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for approximately 20 minutes.
- For the filling ingredients, mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Layer the sponge cake with the filling into 3 layers, then cover the cake with whipping cream.
- Decorate the cake with long grated cheese using Prochiz Cheddar 2 kg.
- Decorate with eyes, mouth and horns with fondant (see picture).