Cheese Hedgehog Pineapple Tart
Nastar or Pineapple part is one of the favorite cookies during festivities such as Christmas and Eid al Fitr. It was first introduced by the Dutch people who came to Indonesia during the colonial era. Nastar is derived from the word ‘ananas’, which means pineapple, and ‘taart’. At the time, pineapple was chosen as filling as it was relatively easy to obtain this fresh fruit in Indonesia. Until today, nastar remains as a very popular cookies in Indonesia. Nastar comes in various shapes. One of the varieties is hedgehog shape with spikes. Would you like to try making nastar? Follow the recipe below!
- 50 gr milk powder
- 350 gr low-protein flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150 gr butter
- 100 gr margarine
- 90 gr powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- PROCHIZ CHEDDAR, grated
- PROCHIZ SPREADY
FILLING Pineapple Jam
- 1 Pineapple (peel and grate finely or blend in a blender)
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 65 gr granulated sugar
- First boil the pineapple together with cinnamon and cloves until reduced and the mixture becomes slightly sticky.
- For best result, refrigerate for ± 30 before use so the jam will not be too sticky.
- Beat butter, margarine, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a mixer until soft and combined. Add egg yolks one by one, mix well.
- Slowly fold in the flour and powdered milk mixture, stir slowly with a wooden spoon or spatula until incorporated. Wrap the dough in plastic, refrigerate and let it rest for approximately 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 g balls, refrigerate for a while. Take the balled dough, flatten it, and fill it with pineapple jam and Cheese, roll into a ball and shape into an oval form and cut the dough with scissors to create hedgehog-like effects. Continue until all the dough is used.
- For the next step, line the cookie on a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. Give some space between the cookies, brush with egg yolk wash. Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Preheat oven at 150 Celcius.