Banana Rai Cheese
Welcoming the month of October, Prochiz carries the theme of unifying food for the nation because in this Month of October we celebrate many days that unite the nation as follows:
- October 1st, 2022: Pancasila Day
- October 2nd, 2022: National Batik Day
- October 5th, 2022: Indonesian National Army (TNI) Day
- October 28th, 2022: Youth Pledge Day
Why can food be a unifying tool for the nation? From the eyes down to the heart, from the tongue down to the gut. Do you agree with Prochiz Lovers?
This time Prochiz will share a recipe for a typical Balinese banana rai cheese to Prochiz Lovers. This meal is widely equated with green banana or “pisang ijo” from Makassar, both of which taste sweet and delicious. The uniqueness of banana rai lies in the topping, which is a sprinkle of salt and grated coconut, a balance of sweet, salty and deliciousness. As time passes, toppings have changed into various types, chocolate and cheese are the most favorite choices.
Banana rai is usually served during Nyepi because it turns out that bananas are very meanigful in the Balinese culture. 1 Banana is used as an offering in various forms, banana rai or also known as jaje pisang, is one of them. To make this treat, we cannot just use any type of banana. We must use ripe plantain banana.
- 10 pcs Banana
- 100 gr Rice Flour
- 80 gr Water
- 3 gr Pandan Paste
- 25 gr Granulated Sugar
- 1 gr Salt
- 160 gr Prochiz Gold, grated
- Prepare the dough ingredients, mix thoroughly, set aside.
- Peel the banana and put a skewer through it.
- Cover bananas with the dough until coated evenly
- Cover bananas with the dough until coated evenly, then boil for 10 minutes or until cooked, (optionally) you can add a pandan leaf in the boiled water.
- Once cooked, take the banana out of the water and coat evenly with grated Prochiz Gold, then slice and serve.
- Cut the bananas according to taste and ready to eat.