Fruit Pie, A Healthier Cake Alternative For Everyone
Speaking of nutrition, fiber plays an important role in our health. Fiber is found in many vegetables and fruits. Fruit is a healthy and fresh snack; the sweet taste makes the fruit much preferred. However, sometimes we and children can get bored if they just eat the same things, so they need to be processed.
One delicious fruit snacks that can be a dessert is a fruit pie. In addition, fruits can be arranged according to our tastes. Typically, fruit pies have strawberry, kiwi, orange and grape toppings. However, you can also be creative with other ingredients, such as grated coconut, chia seeds, to cheese according to nutritional needs. Suppose you want to increase your consumption of vitamin C, then you can use kiwi, melon, and oranges that are very good for endurance.
Well, so you don't get bored eating fruit, let's make a fruit pie! Here is the recipe:
- 75g margarine
- 35g sugar powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 125g medium protein wheat flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 300ml milk
- 50g sugar
- 25g cornstarch
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 75g fruits, slice into small cubes
- PROCHIZ Cheddar to taste, slice into small cubes
- ½ tsp jelly powder
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 75ml water
- To make the crust: mix margarine, salt, sugar, wheat flour, egg, and cold water. Stir until all the ingredients blend. Chill in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough 1/2 cm thick. Print in small pie molds with a diameter of 4 cm. Prick with a fork.
- Bake under 160 degrees celcius for 25 minutes until cooked.
- To make sauce: boil milk, sugar, and cornstarch and stirred until the batter is boiled.
- Put in egg yolk. Stir fast until it boils. Add vanilla essence.
- Pour the vla inside the pie, chill. Add fruits and PROCHIZ Cheddar on pie crust.
- To make grease: boil jelly powder, sugar, and water until it boils. Grease on the surface.
With the addition of Prochiz cheese, the cake tastes a little more savory and supports the sweetness of the fruit. Fruit pies are suitable to be served at events such as social gathering, family gathering, even for dessert at your children's school supplies. Come on, try it!